Monday, May 15, 2017

Pulling Strings- Zoraida and Her Puppets

This is the second Zoraida crew I've gotten to paint, and I still think Wyrd hit the proverbial nail on the head with this iteration.

I decided to in part unify this first set with the glowy teal eyes. I'd been quite happy with my OSL for Neverborn before, with a purple shade and orange highlight, and decided to try a third complementary color in the teal, which I think looks pretty darn cool on Zoraida with her swarm of eyes.

I first tested the palate with the Voodoo Doll and Wicked Dolls, as it would be easier to change. I'd originally tried just having the light seeping out of their eyes where there were natural holes, but it didn't look very strong or any more believable, so I went with a wider glowing effect. I decided to limit it to not have any glow around it, to exaggerate the contrast.

I was surprised, working with the new plastic Stitched Together- I'd kind of assumed that they wouldn't be much different than the metal ones, but the poses really are better, plus some nice extra bulk allowed from the material change. I was pretty happy with the jumping one's more expressionistic hatching exaggerating his movement forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment